High-quality speakers are necessary for good communication. In our daily activities, we need speakers for video games, movies, and online streaming. The sound quality depends upon the quality of the speaker. If there is a noise element in sound, then it will be due to the quality of the speaker used for producing sound.
The Kanto YU2 and Audioengine A2 are desktop speaker models that can be paired with a range of audio sources. We will discuss the features, pros and cons of these speaker models so you can decide which one is best for you.
Audioengine A2+ vs. Kanto YU2
Audioengine A2+ Plus Wireless Speaker Bluetooth | Desktop Monitor Speakers | Home Music System aptX Bluetooth, 60W Powered Bookshelf Stereo Speakers | AUX Audio, USB, RCA Inputs,16-bit DAC (Black)
The desktop speaker is designed for computers and smaller rooms. They are small size speakers packed with much more clear, full, and powerful sound. In addition, the stereo sound speaker is easy to connect with all your music equipment in a few seconds.
The A2+ speaker is equipped with Bluetooth and a long-range antenna for easy connectivity with a phone, tablet, or computer. In addition, the Analog Class A/B power amplifiers and dual analog inputs are given for connecting it with multiple devices.
The A2 is here to facilitate you during your work from home. It is easy to connect the Audioengine S8 or another subwoofer with the RCA variable output.
- They are of small size and great for small rooms
- High-quality sound with compact size speakers
- Front panel with a volume dial and headphone jack
- No requirement for network setup and password
- Easy to set up no need for a subwoofer
- 2 speakers are given for a high-class stereo experience
- Bluetooth wireless that can be used to pair up with all your devices and apps
- 3.5mm stereo min jack for headphone
- 2.75” Aramid fibre woofer,3/4 silk dome tweeters
- Multiple quality inputs
- Made with high-quality material
- Versatile speaker
- Decent speaker with the perfect size
- Speakers are dependent on the direction
- Volume control buttons are not at the perfect location
Kanto YU2 Powered Desktop Speakers (Matte Black) with S2 Desktop Stands (Black)
Kanto YU2 is manufactured in Canada. It has a sound card for streaming high-quality audio from your computers by connecting it via a USB port or directly with a 3.5mm AUX jack. In addition, 3 compound drivers deliver distortion-free bass and midrange. The ¾ silk dome tweeters produce brilliant highs.
There is no grill on the front part, which leaves the drivers of speakers unprotected. Instead, the cabinet is made with MDF which makes the sound clear and powerful. They offer 50W RMS per channel and a 100W peak power capacity. It also includes a class D amplifier to deliver a great sound with mid and high frequencies.
Connect this Kanto YU2 speaker with the AUX 3.5 mini-jack or with USB DAC connectivity. The 10-foot wire is given in the box. You have to connect both speakers with the wire. The length of the auxiliary cable is 6.5 feet. The frequency range of the speaker is 80Hz to 20 kHz.
- 3 composite drivers for clear sound
- For the deep base, connect a subwoofer to sub out port
- Silk dome tweeter ¾ inches ensures to deliver crisp sound
- Use a 3.5mm cable to connect the speaker with any device
- You can directly connect the YU2s built-in DAC with a USB cable
- Clean and clear sound
- Very easy to connect via the USB port
- Great mid and high frequencies
- Perfect sound for the small to medium-sized room
- It does not support a Bluetooth connection
Difference between Audioengine A2+ and Kanto YU2 speakers
3.5 mm jack,USB,RCA
dual class A/B monolithic
class D amplifier
- Audioengine A2+ has 30Watts total RMS per channel, whereas Kanto YU2 has 50W RMS.
- Audioengine has a dual analog class A/B monolithic amplifier. In Kanto YU2, there is a class D amplifier.
- Audioengine A2+ has 2.75″ aramid fiber woofers and 3/4” silk dome tweeters, whereas Kanto YU2 comes with 3” composite drivers.
- Audioengine A2+ has built-in Bluetooth connectivity, and this feature is not available in Kanto YU2.
The choice of the speaker depends upon your needs and preferences. Both speakers Kanto and Audioengine A2+, has different features. If you want to connect the speaker with an audio source via Bluetooth, then Audioengine A2+ is the best option. Also, there is no need for a subwoofer if you are using Audioengine A2+.
Kanto YU2 delivers sound with 100W peak power than Audioengine A2+.you can buy any desktop speaker from the above two models. Thank you for reading our post.